Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And So It Begins

Well, I just gave my "leave of absence" notice to the District Director at my company. It's freakin real y'all. I'm packing my bags today for my first of G-d knows how many moves. Here is my Nomad Schedule (as I like to call it) for the next six months:

April 1st: Move my stuff into my uncle Arthur's apartment in Chelsea so my subletter can move in.

April 21st: Leave for Utah to realize another dream - volunteer in America's largest No Kill Animal Sanctuary Best Friend's Animal Sanctuary for four days with my dear friend Nora!

April 25th: Drive to Vegas Baby! There will be chillaxing by the pool, eating delicious food and...??? (Nora, get ready girl)!

April 27th: Take the red-eye back to NYC.

May 4th: THE BIG TRIP! Leave for Israel to find whatever it is that is waiting for me.
In this time I hope to go to the following places (in no particular order):

Tel Aviv (and surrounding neighborhoods) - see family, friends, and enjoy the night life and beaches.

Jerusalem - meet Cousin Charlotte for the first time! Go to the Kotel. Drink at the bar that my uncle Arthur just invested in (gotta support family, right?!)

Haifa (Ramat Y'shai) - Haibait y'all (which means Go home y'all). The last place in Israel that my family and I lived in was in a cute little home in a cute little town called Ramat Y'shai outside of Haifa. I'm going to go back again and this time take video if the new home owners allow. Chills just thinking about it.

Eilat - swim with dophins, enjoy the beach.

Petra, Joradan - I made a friend who lives in Lebanon. As I am not allowed into her country, and I don't believe she is allowed in mine (really Middle East, let's get this Peace thing going already) she and I will go to Petra with some of her Jordanian friends and be tourists! We will also be swimming in the Dead Sea, or rather, floating in the Dead Sea.

Miza and Ciro, Egypt - I'm going to see the Pyramids and everything else that is offered to my eyes. I can't wait! I may do this trip alone which will be SO much fun! But don't worry, I'll hook up with a tourist group so I'm not some young American/Israeli woman roaming the streets on her own.

Beer Sheva - see more family and friends!

_________ - This blank space is for the Kibbutz that I will be assigned to work and live in. Embracing the unknown!

August 8th: Fly back to NY and regroup for a few days. Hope to see my NYC urban family this week so mark your calendars!

August 12th: Fly out to Asheville NC to celebrate the union of my dear, amazing WONDERFUL cousin Whitney to an equally amazing man Yoni!

August 16: Fly out to San Fran to house- and dog-sit for my Step-dad's cousins. Relax by their pool, cuddle with the puppies, see my SF friends (Susan this means you), volunteer at ARF , and catch up on lots of phone calls and sleep.

September 2nd: Fly out to Chicago for one of my best friend's wedding! Also I will be spending time with my new niece/nephew and my brother and sister-in-law and celebrating Rosh Hashanah!

September 10th: Fly to Louisville to live with my dad and step-mom while helping them with their business.

October 1st: It all comes to an end. Fly back to NYC, move back into my studio, open my dog walking business and start yet another chapter of my life.

Wow....

1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks like Egypt is out. My friend just sent me this article:

    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3875557,00.html

    ReplyDelete